Sunday, December 28, 2008

Three more days and aloha 2008! Time flies when you’re having fun….

It’s been a year to remember, aside from being an election year here in the states, the media and powers that be talking so loud about the big financial melt down, you’d have to say the surf industry is seeing a slow down.

I think one of the best things that’s happened in the surf industry at least in California this year is the blank market has seemed to settle in. We’ve got a few good blank companies now that have worked through most of the idiosyncrasies of surf board foam and the people that buy it.

For me… it’s been good. I’ve got my Perimeter Stringer Long board Quad… the PSQ, which I started selling the first of this year after several months of testing in 07. I am now offering the Stubbie Quad which I will be doing some refinements on in the coming year as well as a couple new traditional long boards I’m planning to work on and offer in the new year and, of course all my other models. My lam shop is in its second year and hopefully we’ll see at least business sustain itself through the coming year. We may even have a booth at the Sacred Craft Expo in May at the Ventura County Fair Grounds.

As the new year comes to us we look back and reflect and look forward to what can be. I look back and am thankful for all the people that have bought my boards and brought lam work our way. I look forward to the work I’ve got now and how I will continue to refine my trade and make a better surfboard.

Stoked and waiting for surf.

Happy New Year!

D.R.
My Wife and I and all the grandkids, Christmas eve ‘08

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dennis,

Hope you have a healthy, safe and prosperous new year...Aloha

Derek

D.R. said...

Thanks Derek, Happy new year and happy surfing.

D.R.