Sunday, June 21, 2009

I’m a lucky guy post 3.

Today was the first day of summer… and a nice day at that, sunny and pleasant. And, it was father’s day. What seems to be a tradition for fathers day now is my son comes and takes me to the beach to surf, a favorite thing for me is surfing with my son Robin. In 2006 Robin fell while working and broke his hip. He hasn’t surfed much since but is now beginning to get in the water a bit more.

So after breakfast Robin came by, I stuffed my gear and surfboard in his car and off we went looking for waves to ride. There wasn’t much but some small wind swell activity so we looked at the usual spots but didn’t see anything motivational. We even strolled up the beach at Rincon where there were about 20 guys, mostly on long boards, working the small waist high swell that would rap around the point to the inside line up.

Funny we ended up at inside point in Ventura and caught a few of the small waves that would stand up enough on the inside sand bar. There was really no crowd to speak of so we had all the waves we could find. He’d get one, I’d get one, like yoyos in and out having fun together in the water. That’s what I think is a nice father’s day. The only thing better would be to have both my kids at the beach.

Happy father’s day!

D.R.

My two kids Crystal and Robin.


No comments: