Sunday, March 11, 2012

It’s really amazing that virtually every surfboard model has it’s own detail. Hundreds and hundreds of surfboard shapers and each shaper has their own details.

When you ghost shape you get to know what details are important to the designer that you are ghost shaping for. They can get very particular with how they want the tails and or noses of their boards to look. How the over all foil blends into the ends of the board. How much rails are tucked . Exactly how far up a vee will go from the tail on a certail size board. How deep to cut concaves… etc, etc.

I’ve ghost shaped for a number of guys but, I’ve never had anyone ghost shape for me. Just like others have told me exactly how they’d like certain things to look on their boards, I know exactly how I like my boards to look. From nose detail to tail detail and everything in between. With each model or shape comes all the corresponding details and they all need to look just right.

D.R.









No comments: