Sunday, April 15, 2012

It happened in the fall of 1986, but it was conceived months before that. A small number of local surf guys started planning and working together for this event. It had never happened before but, these local guys made it happen.

It was really pretty cool, all these people meeting up at Pipe. All day long and into the evening. Gathering, surfing, eating, dancing, happiness. For me, having my foot in a cast mending from a broke heal, I didn’t surf or dance. I got to eat and greet people I hadn’t seen for awhile if not for years. And what I did was take pictures, not officially, I just set off on the side lines and clicked off pictures all day and night.

My 2 favorite surf pics of the event… who are the guys surfing? I don’t know.



The evening stage festivities. Unless they paint their hair, all these people have gray hair now



Actually the first and only.

D.R.

No comments: