Sunday, March 03, 2013

You find something you like, you buy the thing you like, because you like it.  Then, you go back for more, all be it a couple years later and the thing you like has changed.

I hate that!  A nice Tee shirt doesn’t need to change does it?  I’ve got a nice Tee shirt, well made, very good cut and fit.  Then I get a couple new ones from my wife for Christmas and the new ones don’t fit the same.  The sleeves are shorter, the neck is a bit tight and the fit across the back shoulders is funky.  It’s a $25 shirt for crying out loud!

So I think where was the new one made? I look at the label… Haiti it says. I look at the label of the older nice fitting one… Made in Mexico it says.  So what? The same patterns can’t be used at both places? Ok, I don’t get it.

I’m told that FCS is coming out with a new fin system.  Something wrong with the old one?  Or the old, old one.  Well the old, old one is still available… that’s nice.  But now a new, new one?  The new one has only been available for about 4 years I think. Now another new one?  So now we’ve got to retool and retrain for another system.  I don’t get it.

So, one of the board models I make was first introduced in 1966.  I still make it now…so it’s 47 years old.  I’ve gotten better at making it but it’s still the same board. If it works, done fix it!  I get that.

 D.R.
 

 

 
I’ve been making my hulls since 1969. I’m not going to fix them either.

No comments: