Sunday, November 09, 2014

The fall season around the Ventura / Santa Barbara coast for the surfer is usually a time of anticipation, expecting swells from the north pacific to start arriving.

This year is no different.... of course, but, so far there has been maybe one swell that was a little over head. The weather has been really nice and the water temps have remained in the mid to upper 60's. Very rare for this time of year.  Actually I don't remember a time when the water was this nice so late in the year. But the surf has been small for the most part.

Usually this time of year I start looking back at what has gone on through the year and start thinking about what I might like to see go on next year.

Since it was 50 years ago that I made my first surfboard my wife suggested I do a 50 year surfboard.... I thought it was a good idea, especially because it would be fun and making surfboards should be fun. So this week I picked up a custom blank to make a surfboard that will be my 'Model 50.

I can see it in my head so now I've just have to take what's in my head and make it a reality.

D.R.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think the idea sounds good!