Sunday, February 28, 2016

You know what sucks? 
Loosing your new board, not being able to get to it before white water pushes it to the beach... when the tide is just high enough to have your new lost board get pushed into the rocks.
Yeah it happened. I got lucky though, there was a guy at the waters edge retrieving his board right where mine was and he picked my board up with his and pushed mine to me. So, the board didn't get bounced on the rocks for 3 or 4 minutes before it got picked up.
I say to my son " lost my board, it took on some shatters" . He says... "you know how to fix it, so...."  Yeah, so.... still sucks. Shiny new board, only been ridden 4 times and now it has half a dozen shatters on one rail. Who likes that?
I should have said "OK, how did you feel when that guy ran you over and dinged your new board...  remember that?" Poor kid, I saw the collision from the beach. Robin was all of 12 years old at the time, surfing his new board at pipe, he was so upset walking up the beach to the car.
That's got to be  one of the biggest surfing downers... getting your first ding in a new board. Yeah I hate that, and now I've got to fix the pickin' thing. Like I don't have enough things to do already.
Only a surfer knows the feeling.
D.R.

A 7'6 Gadget with some color going on.

No comments: