Sunday, November 25, 2007

36 more days left in the year! So what does that mean? The year is 90 % over…. wish I could say I’ve completed 90% of the stuff I wanted to accomplish.

This year had a bumpy start. We… me and my two partners.. signed the lease on a small shop last November to start a high end laminating shop. We didn’t start any work in the place until the end of January. But as the weeks and months moved on we settled into the place and work began to grow until we are now about at capacity. That’s a good thing.

Now that the shop is running good I can get back to more shaping. Since I’ve been working hard in the laminating shop it’s been hard to keep a good schedule in my shaping bay, but things are beginning to change. The new year is coming and I’ve got a number of new boards I’ll be bringing out.

The Quad Long Board is tested enough now, so I’ll be making that available as a new model and I hope to be making a new short board available too. Actually this is what should be called an alternative short board. A stubby built around one of my Greenough outlines with a contemporary bottom shape and multiple fins. The board has been in the water now for a couple months, ridden as a tri and then quad. I made the board convertible so we could test it with the different fin set ups and determine which way gave better performance.

Well, I’m happy to say the board is going off! Similar to a fish in size and foam volume but will draw a good line with excellent maneuverability and down the line speed. About the only thing I need to do now with the board is come up with a name for it and start making them. I’m stoked!

D.R.



The short board alternative

No comments: