Sunday, June 20, 2010

Maybe this should be a ‘lucky guy’ post…

So what happens on Fathers day at least for the past few years that I remember is my son comes and gets me for a trip to the beach. Just the two of us go surfing. I’m not sure if he does this because he can take off and go surfing on a Sunday with out questions… because it’s Fathers day or, he likes to surf with his dad and can on fathers day if he feels like it or, he knows it’s a treat for me to go surf with him?

So what happened today? We didn’t go surf. Robin called this morning and asked me about going surfing but said he wasn’t sure if he’d enjoy it that much because his ribs were still sore from getting whacked by his board on our camping trip a week ago.

He said “ I’d go if there was really some surf” but the surf was only about knee high and unorganized. So why aggravate the condition for no good reason.

So what did we do? Went to the movies and watched The A-Team. Robin loved the TV show as a kid. I’d watch it with him sometimes. So we watched the movie together… it was fun.

Because Robin was sore, and there wasn’t any real surf maybe we have an excuse to take off on a Sunday afternoon to surf some time in the next month or so when there is some surf to be had. Days at the beach surfing with my son… always a good thing for a dad.

D.R.





No comments: