Sunday, September 10, 2006

So I got started with surfing.


And in a nut shell, I ended up doing board repairs and making some surfboards during my high school years. Moved to Ventura in 1967 and got a job shaping for The Morey-Pope Co. where I shaped boards for John Peck, Bob Cooper and Bob McTavish. Cofounded William Dennis Surfboards, Shaped for Wilderness Surfboards Greenough Designs during their first season. I’ve lived on Kauai for 9 years where I shaped for Hawaiian Blades and Dick Brewer. After returning to Ventura I’ve shaped for Walden Surfboards and as well, working on my own line of boards.


I still like the ocean and live about 5 blocks from the Ventura Pier. Surf as much as time allows… my son is my surf buddy. Miss Kauai often. Hang with me kids and grand kids…teaching my oldest granddaughter to surf. And in general think about making good top quality surfboards.


Why should I make top quality surfboards? Because… I have a very deep history in surfboard construction and design, with some of the most respected names in the industry, a heritage that should not be let down. It’s who I am and what I do. I’m happy with that and I like it very much.

No comments: