Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Tip Tool Review.

Today I got to surf some small clean lines at the point on my Tip Tool. I’ve had this board since maybe late April but haven’t found the kind of waves I’d really like to surf it in until today. Not that there haven’t been waves, and I have surfed the board a few times, but I haven’t been able to catch the right conditions when I’ve had time to surf.

The board has a nice swing weight for turning. I knew this but I got to set up a nice left go right on a few occasions in the water today that were smooth and effortless.

Moving from turn to trim has a good feel, the board at 24 inches wide gives you a great stable feel under your feet as you transition a step or two from the tail after setting your turn. Stepping back for small redirects and rail positioning is effortless as well.

Today the waves were standing up nicely on the inside sand bar which is where the fun really stood out for this board… the nose ride. With a name like the Tip Tool it should be no surprise that I’ve designed this board for nose riding, and nose ride it does. When I’ve ridden the board before nose riding was good but today across the inside sand bar the nose riding was great. The board is stable on the nose. It has a very solid feel on the forward third and right on the tip. Depending on wave and wave face positioning the board will stall on the nose as well as trim. I was even able to slide under sections in the forward third too. Going the distance standing right on the tip on a nice stand up wall is such a great feeling…. The Tip Tool does it… I’m stoked!

D.R.







No comments: