Sunday, June 22, 2014


Yesterday.... the first day of summer 2014.  The surf? small,  The water temp? warm or pleasant, like I remember summer before I moved to Kauai. Since I've been back it seems the summer water temps have been not pleasant at all. But this years it's nice again.

Last week end I had surf fanatic and writer Shawn Tracht visiting with a couple of his writer/photographer friends so we got to surf and hang together Friday afternoon into Saturday morning. It was like my younger days surfing until almost dark then talking story into the night and then hitting the surf first thing the next morning. 

The surf was small, but fun... It's summer. And how I thought ' I could get used to surfing and hanging with surf fanatics on a regular basis'. 

D.R.
7'10 Long Hull 

Shawn checking the bottom contour of a hull while I move the flat bar.
Photo by Zack Gingg

No comments: